Aim of the Workshop
The aim of the Workshop is to demystify the idea that publishing in high impact factor journals is an impossible task or that it is reserved for a small group of renowned experts and Professors from World Top Higher Education Institutions. Our goal is to guide the participants in all sections that compose a scientific paper, the aspects that need particular attention, how to address each section and the type of Writing in each one of them and in the overall manuscript. Our ultimate goal is to stimulate and encourage MSc and Ph.D. students in their thesis final stage to get “out of the box” and plan, organize, execute and acquire the “fire in the belly” to publish their research outputs.
The Workshop is open to a general Academia audience: from students to researchers and early career Professors as well. The Workshop can also be attended by participants from diverse scientific domains, since it is developed in a general way, with some exercises and examples referring to particular areas, specifically developed to meet the participants’ background and main scientific subjects of the Institution where the Workshop will be lectured.
Workshop structure and content
The general structure of the Workshop is composed of 6 different sections mainly dedicated to:
1) Introduction: what is an impact factor journal and advantages to publish in these journals;
2) Steps before writing an article: journal selection; how to use online tools to assist you in the selection of the most appropriate journal;
3) Preparation of the paper: about literature; tips to write each section; how to present data (figures vs tables); journal guidelines;
4) Paper submission: the Cover Letter; supplementary material; last steps (highlights; graphical abstract);
5) The peer-review process: how it is carried out; how to reply to reviewers’ criticisms/suggestions;
6) Questions session: advice and tips for participants’ particular cases.
The structure, content, and duration of the Workshop can be changed according to the Institution needs.
How and who benefits from the Workshop
|Students||Professors / Researchers|
Ask for a proposal
If you are interested in requesting a Scientific Writing Workshop from ReadyToPub in your Institution, please send us an email to email@example.com. According to your needs, we will send you a formal proposal, without commitment, with the Workshop content, duration, scientific trainer, language, prices, and general conditions.
Universitat Politècnica de València - Valencia, Spain
Mars 2, 2017
UMR408 - SQPOV INRA PACA – Avignon, France
Mars 22, 2017
Centre for the Research and Technology of Agro-Environment and Biological Sciences
Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro – Vila Real, Portugal
November 15, 2017
Universidad de León – León, Spain
February 2, 2018
UMR408 SQPOV and UR1115 INRA-PACA - Avignon, France
May 30, 2018
DeST2018 Summer School - Vila Real, Portugal
Escola de Ciências Humanas e Sociais - Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
July 3, 2018
The Scientific Writing Workshop in numbers
Workshops held: 6
These Workshops reached: 163 attendants